DIRECTIONS TO DEVONSHIRE ROAD EVANGELICAL CHURCH, ALTRINCHAM, WA14
1. Coming from the North leave the M6 at junction 20 for the M56 and keep to the left following the sign 'Manchester'. (There are in fact two turn-offs at junction 20, the first is to Lymm and Warrington, and then about 1/3 mile there is the turn-off for the M56).
2. Leave the M56 at junction 7 (the one after the M6 interchange), signposted 'Altrincham
A56' and on the slip road keep in the right-hand lane, which nearer the
traffic lights is marked 'A56'.
3. At the the traffic lights take the second exit marked 'Altrincham A56' to
another set of traffic lights and take the
second exit 'Altrincham A56'. (Be careful here because the
first exit is also the A56 but marked Lymm.)
Keep in the first or second lanes and bear
left on to the A56.
4. The road is slightly uphill at first and you pass a service station on your right and come to traffic lights. Continue straight ahead up the hill and then the road bends right and is then downhill.
5. You pass St. Margarets Church on your left and then beware you come to a speed camera!
6. Go through the next set of traffic lights and continue on down the hill and then the road bends to the left to another set of traffic lights with St. Georges Church on the left at the lights.
7.Continue straight ahead along the dual carriageway, which becomes a single carriageway as it bends right, public house on left and right, and continue to next traffic lights.
8. Go ahead at these lights and Devonshire Road is the next turning on the left. There is a sign on the main road, 'Evangelical Church.'
9. The church is on the left about 25 yards from the main road.
On returning, when you come to the M56 roundabout, take the second exit to a set
of traffic lights. Then take the second
exit (the first is a no access road) and
keep in the first lane which becomes the
slip road for the M56/ M6 (North Wales/ Chester).
Coming from the South, leave the M6 at Junction 19 and at the roundabout take the third exit, the A556 for Manchester.
Keep on the A556 to the A56 roundabout and
take the second exit 'Altrincham A56', and then follow the direction from 4 above.
Coming from the West, follow the direction from 2 above.
Coming from the East, join the A560, Stockport to Altrincham road. Continue on the A560 until coming to a ‘T’ junction with the A56, the ‘Cresta Court’ hotel on the right and St. George’s Church straight ahead. Turn right along the dual carriageway, which becomes a single carriageway as it bends right, public house on left and right, and continue to next traffic lights. Then follow directions from 8 above.